Are you an experienced, hands-on Senior Software Software Engineer with SaaS platform knowledge?
VMware's Cloud Services R&D team is looking for a top-tier senior engineer to help build our cloud platform to enable our SaaS delivery model, and as a result broaden our business into new areas. As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will be instrumental in our initiatives to build and launch new services and solutions that are key to VMware's exciting and evolving strategic SaaS direction.
If you have a real passion for building cloud-aware SaaS systems that are highly instrumented, scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership. If you don't shy away from hard problems, and enjoy delivering value while furthering your technical vision, this position is for you!
Required Skill and Competencies:
- Deep technical skills across both proprietary and open-source, and a good breadth across many technologies. Knowledge spanning multiple platforms and architectures with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
- Known as a cross-team consensus builder
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Solid track record of challenging projects, showing 6+ years of experience developing software.
- Must have experience building large scale, high performance systems and software. Demonstrated excellence in designing and implementing multi-tiered consumer and enterprise applications, high throughput services and integration middleware
- Expertise with heterogeneous, enterprise, distributed, object-oriented client/server and/or web-based systems design and implementation.
- Technical Bachelor or Masters degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
- Experience designing for scalability and performance, and designing/integrating large-scale systems.
- Extensive programming experience in Java, C, C++, go
- Evaluating impacts on integration, inter-operability, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Provide technical leadership for the team that will focus on building our SaaS platform.
- Work with product managers to define product roadmaps, translate roadmap into functional specs, and designs
- Responsible for architecture, design, extensibility of one or more products
- Hands on coding for critical modules of the product
- Participate and influence code reviews, design reviews for robust and scalable products ought to be able to work across engineering teams and architects Build and present technical presentations to internal teams and partners
- Architect/Design/Code/Test/Automate major modules of product
- Mentor junior engineers on design, good coding practices
- You will define and implement extensible client-side and server-side components adhering to secure, easy to maintain and follow best engineering practices
- You will work across client/server and geographical boundaries to deliver well integrated solutions
- You will break complex problems into simple scenarios that you estimate and deliver on time
- You will turn requirements and business needs into elegant solution