The Role: S&P Global's Market Intelligence division is seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to develop data and software solutions. The position requires experience for the design & development of automated systems used for high volume ETL work. Are you a quick learner who is highly motivated and dream to help mentor and educate other specialists? Do you love being able to work reciprocally with a team who shares your passions? This is the role for you!
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA
The Team: We are looking for a developer who wants to utilize their leadership and communication skills in addition to their technical skills. We craft strategic implementations by using the broader capacity of the data and product. Do you want to execute cross-business solutions within S&P Global?
The Impact: We are constantly growing our data coverage in various markets and sectors. This is your opportunity to help guide the growth and development of a team of engaged engineers, and the future of the technology organization as it grows.
What’s in it for you: You will use your technology and business skills/specialties as well as your experiences working as a developer to build small to large-scale business systems. Collaborate across organizations and teams to shape the digital strategy and vision for the business including next generation products. You will work closely with all technology teams along with the product & content management to design the future user capabilities. You will use Agile, transformation architecture and the best methodologies to build software solutions.
- Design, and develop software systems, components, and services based on organizational architectural and applying design patterns software development cycle
- Deliver architectural designs, formulate standards, processes and procedures to exceed business needs
- Implement strategic procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, integrating next-generation technologies into the architectural strategy
- Effectively able to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate you are a standout colleague and are able to communicate effectively with the technology team and business users
- Engage in data analysis and provide recommendations to business needs
What We are Looking For:
- 3-5 years of software development experience with a consistent track record of delivering business problems with below defined technology skill and specialties
- Extraordinary applied experience with software practices such as object oriented programming principles, design patterns and capable of creating architectural diagrams, flow charts and design documents
- Excellent hands-on experience with .NET frameworks
- SQL Server/Database experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Have an understanding of Realtime Pricing and Real Time Data Processing
- ETL experience with large, complex systems
- Web applications, webservices, event driven architectures
- COM+, ATL, C++