We believe that interoperability is critical to achieving the Internet of Value and envision a widely available Interledger network allowing anyone to pay or get paid in the currency of their choice, nearly instantaneously and at minimal cost. We are looking for engineers who share in that vision. It's a big vision and we have a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the team to achieve this.
This role is remote or located in our San Francisco office.
WHAT YOU MAY WORK ON:
- Create and improve the open source Rust ILP implementation
- Operate and scale a robust Interledger Connector
- Contribute to ongoing protocol development
- Prototype new use cases or experiences using Interledger and/or XRP
- Work with other external entrepreneurs and ecosystem stakeholders to continuously improve the Interledger network's speed, scalability, and functionality
WHAT YOU MAY LOOK LIKE:
- You love Turing machines!
- You have worked on open source projects or developer tools.
- You are experienced working with Rust.
- You are excited about blockchains: the technical details and the potential benefits
- You seek to deeply understand the low-level details of the technologies you work with and the problems you work on.
- You look to solve problems with simple solutions, rather than technically perfect ones
- None of the above, but the description of the project piqued your interest enough to want to talk to us
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!