What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer. This engineer is to help build our next cutting-edge identity protection product feature which will allow consumers to guard against ID theft. The ideal candidate should be well rounded, self-motivated, experienced with multiple technologies and frameworks, and enjoy fast paced development cycles.
This position requires the ability to work remotely. The team includes staff in Massachusetts, and Florida and collaborates with staff located in Texas and California. Working remotely requires a strong work ethic and collaboration via instant messaging, conference calls, and other collaboration tools.
• Work closely with the development team to deliver on-time, on budget, high value projects.
• Collaborate with Business, Software Engineers, and QA teams to deliver superior functionality
• Integrate and Maintain RESTful web services across popular social networks
• Optimize existing code with engineering best practices
• Participate in the full SDLC using Agile including scrum meetings, iterative, test driven development, task estimates and design sessions.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four-year university required.
• 8+ years design and development software experience at the enterprise level including understanding of common design patterns, OOP, multithreading, transaction management, and scalability
• 1+ years of experience with BeanStalk
• 5+ years of experience with MongoDB
• 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
• Strong background in web services, data modeling and database design concepts
• Experience with source control systems, such as SVN or GIT
• Financial Services or Identity Protection Services experience
• 1+ years’ Experience with AWS environment (S3, Route 53, CloudTrail, ELB)
• PHP, Perl, PerlCPAN modules, MySQL, JSON, RHEL or CentOS, regular expressions, Jenkins