Our client is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on their real-time platform. This role includes working on their RTB (Real Time Bidding) system, a distributed system capable of evaluating hundreds of thousands of bidding opportunities per second in an extremely low latency window (ex: 80 ms or less). The successful candidate will also work on their Kafka-based event ingestion system, and work on building and enhancing their big data platform leveraging Snowflake and AWS Elastic MapReduce (EMR), all built to handle hundreds of millions of daily events.
Candidates should be passionate about high-performance computing and welcome the opportunity to solve extremely complex problems. The role will also include learning about and interfacing with various parties in the adtech ecosystem.
- Design and develop core architectural components with a focus on end to end system performance.
- Develop highly distributed, concurrent and reliable systems that can scale to support millions of dollars in ad spend.
- Implement designs using solid object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 5+ years developing in an object-oriented language, ideally Java or C++.
- 5+ years of experience building a performance oriented, high availability, enterprise class system.
- Ability to scale and distribute fault tolerant components across many machines and handle updates to millions of objects in real time.
- Experience with a continuous release cycle and fast production.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with stream processing technologies (ex: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Spark Streaming).
- Experience developing and interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or AWS EMR a plus.
- Experience working with adtech, particularly real time bidding (RTB), a plus.
- S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.