Senior Software Engineer
- Responsible for commercial software product development for a core, high growth Rockwell Automation control system product line. This is an industry-leading industrial automation software product that has won numerous awards for innovation and usability.
- In this position you will design and develop new software features, participating in the full development lifecycle. Development is performed in a team environment utilizing sound engineering and software development practices and technology. Responsibilities include collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams and possible technical leadership of a small-scale feature or portion of a feature.
- Contributes to or independently gathers and documents requirements of the feature and its components.
- Contributes to system design and independently develops subsystem designs that meet the requirements.
- Provides manpower/time estimation for the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design.
- Develops and execute thorough unit test plans.
- Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies.
- Integrates with other components, solving problems within and across subsystems, to produce a final product.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Typically responsible for the maintenance and integrity of one or more software subsystems.
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- May provide technical leadership of a small scale feature or portion of a feature.
- Initiates or contributes to software development capability improvement in the areas of software development practices and development tools.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
EOE, M/F Disabled, Vet
- Bachelors degree
- Rockwell Automation will consider sponsorship for qualified applicants except those currently in F-1 or J-1 status
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years in a software product development environment
- Object orientated design using C++, C#, or Java
- Agile software development using Scrum
- Software development on both Windows and Linux
- Design patterns
- .NET Framework and WPF
Desired Experience and Skills
- Architecting modular software
- nodejs, web services and TypeScript experience
- Direct involvement with the Industrial Automation industry
- Both local and global technical development team environments