The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for major software modules for our Robotics products. This person needs to have strong architectural and technical skills in software engineering. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
- Able to work on sizeable individual efforts as well as on teams using agile methodologies.
- Develop prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions.
- Ensure efficient performance and scalability of solutions.
- Demonstrate a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development.
- Understanding of an FDA design control environment.
- Contribute to design, testing and documentation.
- Develop software tools to support product manufacturing and service.
- Supports manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of professional programming experience on Windows required or Master's degree with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Experience in at least one of: Qt, SQL, Lower-level OS (Multithreading, Sockets, Drivers)
- Experience in Medical Device field a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time