We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
In this role you will help architect and develop user interface components, as well as complete implementation while following well-known React workflows to deliver improved user experience. The role works closely with the RVillage Project Management team to discuss and deliver on key initiatives. The Senior Software Engineer shares responsibility for the reliability of the RVillage website by writing automated tests, conducting tests and debugging when needed.
Where You're Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- App/Web design and development of SaaS application to deliver improved user-experience.
- Participate in front-end technical design, planning, and wireframing discussions.
- Provide technical support for the RVillage website by helping users understand and responding to user feedback.
- Integrate, manage, and support relationships with 3rd party application providers.
- Inform management and project teams of web development status against agreed timeframes.
- Develop automated testing to ensure consistent and reliable deliverables.
- Assist with deployments to production and validate those deliverables.
- Collaborate with back-end and API developers to enhance the user experience.
- Develop responsive products which render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices.
- Ability to work irregular hours as business needs warrant.
What You’ve Done Before:
- 5+ years’ of experience in a professional development role.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries, and RESTful API’s integration with backend.
- Detail-oriented and proactive.
- Ability to work as a self-guided team member.
- Ability to work with team members in various time zones.
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, and technical documentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of leading mobile app and web front-end frameworks and architectures.
- Experience with React, Redux, Redux-middleware - Redux-form, redux thunk, ES6, Webpack/Grunt/Babel, Github, React-Router, Storybooks, react-intl, axios, react-hook-form, react-navigation and x-state; app development using React Native and native tools.