We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer with a passion for delivering engaging customer experiences to work as part of a high-performing agile team. The ideal candidate will collaborate with teams to design, develop, modify, and maintain software applications of high complexity while gaining exposure to more complex tasks. This person will perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process with some influence over the design. This engineer will also work with Architects to make design and development decisions to meet business needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the business to develop well-designed solutions that meet business needs.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Compiles objective data to influence decisions and strategy.
- Designs, develops, and implements software applications of high complexity.
- Performs post implementation support and system enhancements.
- Mentors and helps direct junior and intermediate Software Engineers.
- Coordinates with internal contacts to perform specific project tasks or resolve technical issues.
- Seeks out and utilizes new technology solutions and best practices to improve process, increase stability, and reduce cost/time to market.
- Assists in setting standards for product/process quality and monitors team's output.
- Leads in special projects and other duties as needed
- Advanced experience with the design and development of various Web Technologies and Web Services.
- Advanced experience with Version Control, Service Oriented Architecture concepts, Object Oriented Programming and Relational Database Systems/Data Management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to model technology to align with business strategy.
- Ability to understand and utilize a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to create and leverage frameworks.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work well independently or within a team.
- Ability to use software to develop and analyze IT data and applications.
Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 5-8 years of experience in a similar field or position. In lieu of education, 8 or more years of experience is required. Insurance knowledge a plus.