Technical challenges on the team range across the entire stack. Our full stack engineers iterate quickly to deliver new features while maintaining high performance and scalability. They write code in all tiers of the system and are constantly on the lookout for newer and better technologies.Across the team we take a data-driven, scientific approach. We improve the product through extensive A/B testing. When you ship a feature on this team, you’ll know your exact impact to the bottom line.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, andapplying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then wewant you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results. You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You bring a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- You have an understanding of systems architecturetechnologies including Linux, Amazon Web Services, and Docker.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- You have 5+ years of application development experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable field, or equivalent self-study.
What You'll Do
- You will lead technical design and delivery of complex features across multiple systems as RetailMeNot rapidly adds new and faster ways for consumers to save money when they shop.
- You will understand and constantly improve the cloud infrastructure that runs our high performance, consumer-scale site.
- You will help support the build and deployment pipeline and when necessary both diagnose and solve production support issues
- You will contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- You’ll coach and mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies
- You will also have the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.