We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Senior Engineer in Restaurant Integrations, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and scaling the systems responsible for streamlining restaurant onboarding, menu management and direct-to-POS order processing.
The Impact You Will Make
- Implement features, tools & processes to enable our Restaurant Integrations platform to be highly-available, fault-tolerant & multi-data center
- Implement & enhance existing and new Ordering Provider integrations
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technology staff to deliver features
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to contribute
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or Engineering related field preferred
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience developing & consuming Restful APIs
- Rails experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available systems (5x9’s uptime etc.)
- Familiarity in working with containerized environments.