Technical professional who leads the design, test, development, and/or support of software for Ricoh products or systems. The Senior Software Engineer provides technical direction and leadership in the development of highly complex and significant products which may be produced across many functions. Recognized externally by customers or internally by the technical community as a technical leader or expert in his/her field. Work without considerable direction. Significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level software engineer position that will focus on performance of the ripping processes of both CF and CS high speed printer controllers.
Scope of work encompasses multiple components or entire software solutions.
Determines architecture, design and implementation of current and future products which have a major impact on customers and the organization. Analyzes business requirements and develops proposals that lead to solutions and the exploration of new technologies.
Ensures product architecture and design meets worldwide customer requirements and issues. Anticipates potential problems and future technological needs (relative to area of expertise).
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May coordinate activities of others (Team lead
Leads multi-functional teams in planning activities on large and highly complex projects.
Designs and implements new procedures and guidelines to enhance productivity and quality.
Analyzes business requirements and develops proposals that lead to implementing solutions with new ideas and concepts
Meets with customers to determine customer requirements and translates these into product function.
Provides technical advice and counsel to executive management and other technical staff in the organization.
Decisions significantly impact corporate financial performance, schedules and customer satisfaction.
Erroneous decisions normally result in inability to reach crucial org goals and have prolonged effect
Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
Requires a BS degree in Engineering. Has expert knowledge in software development system/ product architecture and design, and integration; typically acquired via significant professional experience with projects which span traditional organizational boundaries.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (including Preferred Qualifications)
The engineer must work with various processes within the controller that interacts with the rip to:
- suggest appropriately scaled hardware and software technologies for the controller servers to achieve optimal performance
- define the optimal memory requirements and configurations to meet performance objectives
- suggest, define and implement caching solutions to optimize rip procedures
- suggest, define and implement compression solutions to optimize throughput from the rip procedures to the printing engine without compromising the image and color integrity of the rip
- develop models and simulations to enable performance predictions
- analyze field problems related to controller performance
- Knowledge of PDF technologies such as PDF Library, CPSI and APPE.
- Experience in compression and caching technologies
- Experience in complex multi-threaded, parallel processing environment
- Experience in multi-processor / blade system environment
- Experience in IPDS a plus
- Knowledge in color science and image processing a plus
- Knowledge of various print industry workflow solutions a plus