Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Release Management, to be part of major transformation initiative for Foot Locker Digital Assets supporting web, mobile and store customers. As a member of the team you will closely work with the software engineering team to seamlessly move code from development through rollout and into production without users ever noticing a glitch in the service. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Manage release branching and push new releases to production in support for speed to market strategy.
- Build, maintain scripts and release processes to deploy software applications on Cloud.
- Support and improve tools for continuous integration, deployment and release management.
- Responsible for releasing software covered under PCI and PII compliance ambit.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience releasing software built using Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks.
- Experience in deploying front end applications built using technologies like ReactJS, AngularJS, Node.js and AEM.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Proficient with Linux OS and good understanding of scriptinglanguages and UNIX Shell.
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD solutions using DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Chef etc.)
- Experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes and Swarm is a plus.
- Has exposure to Cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.