As a lead member of the team, you need to be able to evaluate and adopt new technologies quickly and manage continuous feature delivery through our automated cloud deployment “pipeline”. You will work with your team to determine optimal approaches to challenging problems and implementing robust solutions.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and eager technologist with a desire to keep learning and a minimum of 7 years building software for large projects and 3 years of experience coding in Java in a fast paced, agile environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be at the front of a team of engineers to build software that revolutionizes the securitylandscape, creating new capabilities on both on-premise and cloud based platforms .
You will work with technologies like NoSQL databases and AWS to extend Rapid7’s investment in a cloud based security.
You will be responsible for building data pipelines, and APIs for ETL and analytics on our big datasets in the cloud.
You will be adding modern design paradigms to the codebase, like microservices, circuit breakers, resilient systems, and code coverage with unit and component testing.
The tools and services to be developed will cover a wide range of applications – data visualization, large scale analytics, fast in-memory aggregation, workflow coordination, bulk data pipelines, and microservice APIs.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of software development experience in large-scale distributed systems
- 3+ year of experience in Java, Java 8 and Guava experience a plus
- Passionate about building software, engaged and humble
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others
- Expert experience in OO and generics programming with Java, Python, Ruby or similar language
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Proficient with Unix / Linux / OSX command line and tools
- Experience with both NoSQL and traditional RDBMS systems
- Knowledge of computer security issues preferred
- Knowledge of AWS a plus