About the position
At Qumulo we’ve built a truly unique distributed file system from scratch. It wasn’t easy and it’s far from a finished product. Joining Qumulo's team of elite engineers means working on an innovative product at its infancy and watching your work take effect. It's an opportunity to work directly with customers and increase the value of our product by solving their most challenging problems.
We hire smart, adaptive engineers with diverse backgrounds and a knack for taking challenges head on. Ourprogrammers not only solve the industry's most difficult problems, but do so in an adaptive,agile environment, shipping code every two weeks and getting feedback on their work in real-time.
Programmers at Qumulo work alongside people who crave collaborative coding environments. It's a community where individual engineers have a voice, and teams have the autonomy to drive their own progress.
About the Company:
Qumulo is a Seattle based data storage startup. We are building solutions that will permanently change the enterprise storage marketplace, improving quality and increasing service standards. We are dedicated to building not only to a fast, reliable product, but providing customers with a seamless userexperience and unprecedented visibility on their data. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, our vision has attracted a team of pioneers from Amazon Web Services, Google, and Microsoft. Our mission is simple – to be the company the world trusts to store, manage and curate its data.
We hire individuals who are:
- Data driven and have desire to work in collaborative team environments.
- Excellent with computer science fundamentals, notably database and distributed system theory.
- Passionate about learning and solving hard problems.
- Customer focused and know how to act as an owner.
- Above all else, people who get stuff done.
If you’re still reading this, wewant to talk to you!
- Familiarity in numerous different CS areas: Distributed systems, data structures, algorithms, and database theory.
- Comfortable with coding in C or C++ and also Python.
- Working in agile development process and test driven development.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a software engineering role
- BS EE/CS or equivalent experience