Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well being of people around the globe with well known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology, women’s health, and virology.
Quidel is searching for a Senior Software Engineer at one of our R&D and Manufacturing facilities in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego. Under minimal supervision, this role is responsible for designing and developing embedded software, including performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the analytical instrument development process. This role will be involved in all levels of instrument development from architectural concept to code implementation.
- Co-develop software subcomponents with external vendors.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to convert customer requirements into software.
- Sustain and maintain software development plan and architectural diagram.
- Responsible for structured and organized management of project documents.
- Responsible for software interaction with electromechanical interfaces.
- Develop test protocols and procedures which ensure that the product meets requirements.
- Create and ensure adherence to schedules and deadlines.
- Develop data processing tools for research and optimization algorithms.
- Manage embedded firmware and cloud applications.
- Apply a sound knowledge in diverse areas of software technologies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
- 8 plus years of related experience or a combination of work experience and software development experience that demonstrates the ability to work in multiple disciplines with emphasis in areas such as: Software Engineering; SDLC; Design Control; firmware; cybersecurity
Skills and Knowledge
- Validation and compliance working environments is a plus
- Major programming language such as C/C++, Python.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Graphical user interface (GUI), embedded, networking, WiFi, Cellular, real time operating system (RTos), communication protocols, version control, cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of Qt, Linux, cloud computing would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of regulations, e.g. QSR’s, IEC 62304, ISO 13485, CMDR, and FDA regulated environment is desired.