We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to work on the Qualys Cloud Agent Platform
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based cloud security platform.
What are we looking for in terms of hard skills:
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science
- 5-8 years of experience as a hands-on engineer developing Software products and solutions for service oriented deployment in public or private clouds. Products/services must have demonstrable market share/customer installed base.
- 5-8 years of C/C++ programming on Windows, skills including design, prototype, development, test, performance profiling, etc.
- Hands-on with development tools like Visual Studio, Jira, GIT, Nexus, Maven, JIRA
- Agile Development with Scrum, WaterFall, Iterative, Spiral or mix of any of them based on projects
What are we looking for in terms of soft skills:
- Takes complete ownership of successful delivery of the products (Applications), components, modules and dependencies assigned
- Demonstrated high quality focus, and demonstrable scenarios of Test Driven Development.
- Must have launched or developed complex software projects with multiple complex features with short release cycles.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-directed; requires minimal supervision on work products
- Assertive and must be able to influence team members to meet their commitments in a timely manner and also be able to forge consensus and resolve issues in the face of conflicting goals or interests.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude yet modest and humble attitude when it comes to collaborating within team and across other teams
- Uncompromising attitude when it comes to quality and help raise bar of product, team members and hence overall engineering organization
What we can offer:
- An environment to thrive and show your leadership skills
- Innovate, Code, make a difference.