We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join Qualys team and help us build and enhance QualysGuard scanner services platform.
This is a senior role focused on building and maintaining core components of QualysGuard Scan services and the responsibility of this position is to define and develop services and components in a consistent and dependable manner. The position includes close collaboration with Product manager and other Team Leads to ensure consistent, well-documented design of all system components.
The candidate needs to be able to work independently and solve complex engineering problems. Ability to ensure design and interface consistency is a key. The role requires the commitment to the end result and to do what it takes to deliver complete solutions.
Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in PHP, Oracle, HTTP and a passion for API design & REST.
- Deliver new features and improvements in a fast-paced environment as part of a growing engineering team.
- Work closely with product marketing and cross-functional groups to develop product requirements.
- Research new technologies and incorporate their usage into new products or services.
- Proven experience of delivering large scale distributed systems.
- Experienced in object-oriented PHP programming, SQL, relational databases, object-relational mapping, XML, REST.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Oracle or other RDBMS (schema design, SQL queries, tables, views, etc).
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, getting things done.
- Ability to work on Unix as a primary platform.
- Cloud-based software / multi-tenant applications.
- Web security and secure coding practices.
- REST API development.