We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work on the development and integration of new sensor based technologies, Augmented Reality Architecture and hardware/software Interface Control Documents (ICDs), supporting the following areas:
- Actively develop and employ R&D (Research & Development) and/or prototype scientific & engineering software.
- Actively participate and/or lead in the planning, coordination, execution and documentation of system, software and field testing.
- Effectively communicate project status to include development, test and risk, to higher level leadership.
- Analyzing, designing, coding, and modification of complex software systems.
- Working as part of a fast paced team to identify and accomplish tasks to enable program success.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team meetings and collaboration and support external project interactions with other companies and government organizations.
- Candidate must have experience running neural network based image processing AI/ML algorithms and be comfortable with analysis and evaluations of algorithm performance. Candidate must be proficient in Python, including pandas and jupyter notebooks, and be comfortable working in Linux.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field, with 8+ years of work experience.
- Experience employing Agile, Scrum and/or Waterfall practices, methodologies and techniques in the development of R&D and/or prototype scientific & engineering software
- Experience developing R&D and/or prototype scientific & engineering software in both C/C++, C#, Python, Matlab, and Java.
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Experience / expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as OpenCV and / or OpenCL
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data acquisition and control software for sensor-based systems utilizing a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO).
- Exeperience with Unreal, Unity, Visual studio, FFMPEG Libraries, Gstreamer, IDL is desired.
- Experience with simulation & visualization or SA/AR/VR/MR is desired.
- Desired software experience includes: using virtual machines/environments, working with containers, and optimizing for embedded or real-time execution.