The Python Platforms team builds foundational infrastructure and core libraries to accelerate the velocity of Wayfair’s 750+ Python engineers. Python Platforms reports into the Developer Acceleration organization and works closely with other infrastructure and DevOps teams to define best practices for deploying and maintaining Python applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Application Deployment: Build tools for managing deployable applications and developing in containerized environments that mirror production (Publishing base docker images, helm charts, CI/CD integrations, automated manylinux wheel building).
- Core Libraries: Maintain python packages that bridge the gap between internal Wayfair systems and open source software.
- Application Templates: Curate application templates for common use cases (e.g. deployable HTTP application, streaming data producer/consumer, Python package, etc.), that propagate best-practice patterns and allow developers to initialize and deploy new microservices to production in minutes.
- Auxiliary Engineering: Partner directly with other Python teams to foster development practices that increase velocity and build a sustained culture of quality.
What You’ll Need:
- Proficiency in Python 3 and knowledge of Python best practices and antipatterns
- History of delivering high value software systems with high test coverage
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals.
- Experience with the following would also be a plus:
- Python wheel building and the manylinux standard
- Best practices for maintaining and releasing semantically-versioned libraries
- Helm (chart development) and Docker (image optimization)
- Buildkite or similar CI/CD platforms