We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will use your Python and Web Services skills to design and implement RESTful APIs to automate and magically transform our customer environments into enchanted fairy land where everything “just works”. You will exploit your knowledge of Databases, SQL, and Java to write infrastructure services for the masses, not for 10 people. Think about hundreds of thousands! In this role, you will:
- Use your skills in Python, Java, Shell to automate our operations throughout the product development lifecycle
- Take part in production deployments and feature automation testing
- Influence your peers, your stakeholders to design a top-notch solution for every problem space you put your hands on.
- You are the Security guru that thrives to offer secure access by keeping the intruders at bay on our SaaS offering. Fortify our cloud environment and make it hacker proof
- You know what chef is and it has nothing to do with cuisine, you are knowledgeable at ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB and other NoSQL paradigms
- Breathe and live by your inner system administrator soul. If something is broken, fixing it ASAP is your highest priority
- You have strong background on IT processes and procedures and understand SLA and impact of service disruptions
- Always stand up to the challenges your software may present to the not so amused customer, be the light in the tunnel, not just at the end of it. Be that wind beneath the wings of our customers and help them fly.
- Overall, be the user that eagerly looks forward to live the experience that you have created, day after day.
- Role requires frequent co-ordination with globally dispersed team (USA and UK)
- Experience with SaaS administration on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Excellent automation skills using Python, JAVA, shell
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment using Jenkins
- Hands on experience with Vagrant and Docker needed
- Experience with container orchestration platforms Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, VMware ESX.
- Hands on expertise in SaaS application monitoring services Elasticsearch, Kibana, Kafka, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with Infrastructure as code using either Terraform or Cloud formation
- Hands on experience in managing Web and Cloud managed services (EC2/VM, DNS, DB, Storage, Certificates)
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, PKI, SSL, IPsec, HTTP, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Should have good knowledge of Configuration Management Tools like Ansible. Exposure to cloud monitoring tools such as Azure monitor, Cloud watch.
- Willingness to be on call out of hours
- Strong communication skills/Excellent English
- Be handy with containers! Hands on experience with Vagrant and Docker is a plus
- BS CS/equivalent with 8+ years of experience or MS CS/equivalent with 6+ years of experience is required