About the role
Collaborating with the Vice-President of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will be working out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; and joining the product delivery team that is based in our San Mateo headquarter office.
You should have an excellent command of at least one object-oriented language, such as GO, Ruby, Java, C++, or Python; as well as front-end technologies such as React/AngularJS/Vue, HTML, CSS and cross-browser compatibility. On the server side, you are familiar with Linux, Nginx, deployment and monitoring in addition to your core skill of development. You also possess the appreciation of regression testing & Test Driven Development as well as follow development standard methodologies such as adhering to coding guidelines and standards, open to peer code review and work towards reducing code complexity. You should be able to use Git appropriately.
What You'll Do
- Design and build robust, scalable, secure, reusable code and libraries in SaaS platform development.
- Write excellent, simple, clean, efficient code; debug, troubleshoot and trace logs.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Improve system performance, scalability and high availability.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Follow software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum, test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, coding standards and code reviews).
- Provide regular status updates on project deliverables.
What You'll Need
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 7 - 10 years of object-oriented software development experience in large-scale web or mobile applications.
- Experience in GoLang programming, or strong experience in C/C++, Java, Ruby/Rails, Python or other object-oriented programming languages and willing to work with GoLang.
- Experience with ES6+ and familiar with React or AngularJS or VueJS.
- In-depth experience with designing and developing REST API Services is must.
- Experience in oAuth, JWT, Kubernetes, AWS services is added advantages.
- Good knowledge of at least one relational database and one NoSQL database.
Bonus Points if You Have
- Experience in eCommerce, retail, marketing, SaaS or mobile applications.
- A good understanding of Cloud computing (AWS) is desirable.