Title of Position: Senior Software Engineer/Program Analyst (SWE3)
Description of Position:
- Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems.
- The candidate will translate detailed designs into computer software program languages, prepare detailed flowcharts, develop code, document, and test software.
- Responsible to design, code, benchmark test, debug and document computer programs.
- Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering activities with no direction or oversight.
- Experience as a Java Developer
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- No CCAs will be considered for this position
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of thirteen (13) years experience in software development, programming and/or engineering. A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience. A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Must possess experience in:
- requirements analysis,
- software development and installation,
- integration, evaluation,
- testing, and
- problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience with multiple programming languages (including scriptinglanguages) and operating systems, such as:
- HP Unix
- Mac OS
- Microsoft Server
- Microsoft Windows
- Sun Solaris
- Experience developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or parts of integrated computer systems.
- Experience finding and fixing software bugs in existing code.
- Experience in software test, design, analysis, and test result analysis and reporting.
- Experience with documentation.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex databases.