We're looking for an experienced engineer who loves building software from scratch, contributes independently and works with other teams including Product, Design, and Infrastructure to deliver our products—this type of collaboration is key to our success!
We offer competitive compensation with stock options, full benefits (401k matching), and tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen and bagel Fridays. We host team outings and special events like music breaks and summer film series.
We have engineering wide hack weeks (http://bit.ly/bf-hack-week-video) and we deeply value open source, giving back to the community by speaking, hosting meetups and contributing to projects we benefit from.
About The Job
We're searching for an experienced, backend focused software engineer to join our Production Tools team in LA and/or NYC. As a senior software engineer within our Production Tools team, you’ll build tools to enable video production, video packaging and video distribution. Captioning, compilations, and transcoding different outputs for syndication is also an area of opportunity in this role.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You ship code, and you want your work to be used by millions of people every month.
- You are diligent when it comes to writing documentation.
- You value repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity.
- You love discovering solutions to complex problems.
- Python / Go
- AWS, GCP
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Source Control (Git)
- Databases (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, Redshift, BigQuery, ElasticSearch)
- Infrastructure Tools (Docker, ECS, Terraform)
- Messaging systems (NSQ)
- Monitoring / Instrumentation (Nagios, DataDog, StatsD)
- Frontend (React, Redux, T3.js, Sass)
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Our backend services are primarily written in Python, with some Go. We know that good engineers come from a variety of backgrounds and languages – if you don’t know already know those languages, we trust that you’ll be able to learn.
- We believe in ownership over the entire engineering cycle - the same engineers architect, build, test, deploy, monitor, and run their services.