As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services. You will work on systems that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day, generate billions of events, and are monitored 24x7 using early warning and analytics systems build using the best of the big data technologies, including Cassandra, Kafka, Storm, Elastic Search, and Hadoop. Our search systems perform highly concurrent, real-time searches across thousands of partners and collect and parse data from a diverse set of interfaces to get the best deals for our customers. We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
This position requires a passion for coding and also someone who is willing to take ownership and drive technical implementations. Our teams are small and allow great opportunities to learn new technologies and use these tools to develop innovative applications. The team environment encourages developers to be creative and rapidly build software with the satisfaction of creating something new every day.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Core Java, Spring frameworks, Web services and API development
- Big Data solutions such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search and Solr
- Strong SQL composition skills with Oracle and/or MySQL databases
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
What makes you ideal for this role?
- We want to speak with you if you want to take your development skills to the next level and you possess both creativity and the desire to create something new every day.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work in a hands-on highly collaborative framework.
- Technical agility to make effective, timely decisions.
- A passion to deliver creative exciting enhancements that drive tangible results.
- An understanding that you will share with the other software engineers in rotational application support on-call as needed.
- Ability to mentor other engineers on best practices.
- Passionate about building best in class solutions with an eye for fine details
- Great communication with both technical and non-technical constituents
- Willing to champion engineering initiatives through design, dev and qa and across functional team
- Have previous startup/ecommerce experience a plus!
- A degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, Masters is preferred
- Senior Engineer: 5+ years’ experience or equivalent proficiency with the skills outlined above.
- Principal Engineer: 7+ years’ experience or equivalent proficiency with the skills outlined above.