Works independently to build enhance and fix new and existing Java/Spring applications using an Oracle back-end based on requirements given in Agile or formal formats.
- Designs and builds new Java/Spring/Oracle web applications.
- Designs and enhance existing Java/Spring/Oracle web applications.
- Diagnoses and fixes issues in existing web applications independently.
- Performs development tasks in either an Agile environment or in accordance with formal written requirements as required.
- Perform development tasks in accordance with industry best practices.
- Provide guidance to less experienced software developers.
- Participates in deploying, operating, scaling, tuning, and troubleshooting team products.
- Identifies potential efficiencies and proposes technical solutions
- Collaborates with internal teams to design and develop new products and features, and to scope and estimate work
- Assists in the development in web front ends and basic landing pages as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum 7 years professional Java development and architectureexperience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, professional training, and experience that provide the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Experience working with Oracle 11g, Oracle and professional Java development and architecture.
- Extensive professional Java/J2EE/Spring development experience
- Experience working withdatabase back ends, preferably Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with web globalization and localization
- Experience with web frontend technologies such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, JQuery
- Experience with J2EE application servers (JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat)
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience/ability to code from functional requirements written by others
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC and to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with testers, DBA’s and other developers.
- Ability to perform under stress
- Ability to multi-task and complete work in a timely manner
- Assess business requirements and translate to work effort for management team