As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll take part in the design and development of software for the current and next generation of Tesla’s Manufacturing and Controls systems. In this role, you’ll be developing complex and diverse applications with a goal of streamlining manufacturing operations and improving overall production efficiency. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies, and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. Your ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals will affect scalability and directly contribute to the company mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Work with experienced engineers across many functional areas to deliver business value to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and develop systems and applications to ingest and analyze data based on manufacturing input to identify waste and highlight inefficiencies.
- Create user interfaces to provide intuitive guidance for production and engineering analysis.
- Integrate manufacturing controls systems with a cross-functional team of process and controls engineers to develop a unified machine data reporting architecture.
- Develop ETLs and stand alone modules to directly interact with several control systems including Beckhoff IPCs, Ignition SCADA systems and connect multiple data streams and databases.
- Contribute towards the timely completion of development tasks and projects while applying company standards.
- Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools and technologies.
- Increase efficiency, reduce waste wherever and whenever possible.
- Act as technical lead for project teams and deliver on promised commitments.
- Document code bases and provide working examples and implementation instructions for cross functional teams.
- 5-7+ years in backend development, using tools such as: C#, Java, Go, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Expert in data storage and processing: SQL, NoSQL, FoundationDB, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in web application development, including: Implementing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Object Oriented Programming and Design (OOP&D), Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Advanced competency in at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, C#, or Java, Ruby, GO and intermediate/working knowledge of 3 of the others.
- Agile Development
- Distributed Source Control, using tools such as: Git
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree