Positron Access Solutions is a worldwide leader with its FlexStream technology offering dual-mode multi-pair Copper Bonded DMT and Fiber solutions delivering 100Mbps to Gigabit Ethernet bandwidth for the most demanding Business Ethernet applications, including Metro Ethernet, Access Aggregation, Small Cell and DSLAM Backhaul.
The Senior Software Designer is a member of the product development team. You will be involved in the overall software specification, design, development, and maintenance for a new line of Business and Small Cell Router products based on multi-pair VDSL2 and Fiber standards for International Operators.
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the software development of the entire solution in an embedded Linux environment
- Work closely with other development teams and contribute to the definition of overall software, hardware, and testing requirements
- Contribute to product definition and user documentation
- End to end software Development Lifecycle involvement
- Write technical documentation if required
- Computer Science or Engineering degree with greater than 5 years of experience developing embedded communication software
- Experience and complete understanding of Metro Ethernet Forum specifications, IPv4 and IPv6 Routing (including NAT and IPv6rd) and other Internet protocols
- Proficient in the use of the ‘C’ programming language
- Knowledge of the ARM A9 processor family
- Knowledge of the Linux OS used in embedded networking platforms
- Autonomous worker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in both French & English