Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the CAH team of Player Platform, you'll help us build and operate a suite of mission-critical API products to tackle the virtual economy problem space. The Riot CAH team provides globally distributed services that help solve the problem of managing inventory and acquiring virtual content for Riot Games products at a massive scale.
With the ever-expanding number of game titles being released by Riot, we are looking for engineers who are ready to help build a platform that can scale massively to support all the current and future games here at Riot.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Content Access Hub team.Responsibilities:
- Develop and support our entitlements, player inventory data, and commerce services used by millions of players
- Support our suite of mission critical Java services at a globally distributed scale
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems , architecture)
- Deep experience with Java
- Experience with one of the following: micro-services architecture, client/service application architecture, API architecture and development
- RDBMS, specifically MySQL and comfortable with SQL
- Previous exposure to container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Rancher
- Previous experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!))Our Perks:
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).