As a Software Engineer on the Circle Platform Services team, you will build and own scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
You'll work on:
- Challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption. Did we mention that Circle launched a “programmable dollar” called USD Coin (or USDC)?
- Collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to design, develop, test and ship phenomenal Circle features
- Building publicly accessible APIs that make it simple for developers to integrate with complex payment systems.
- Integrating Platform Services with leading banks & financial technologies to allow an ever greater number of Circle customers access to fast, secure & low cost payment channels.
- Writing the infrastructure to deliver great payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems and APIs
- Extending Circle’s in-house blockchain systems infrastructure to support the tokenization of the world.
You'll bring to Circle (Not all required):
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (including internships) in object oriented languages like Java and Go.
- Experience with payment systems like credit cards and bank transfers
- A broad understanding of API design and REST principles
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Experience with SQL databases and designing schemas
- Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software
- A focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision