About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional Backend Software Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Platform Team, you will get to build highly-scalable and resilient systems, and help power our cutting edge experiences on Android, iOS, Web, Roku, and Xbox. fuboTV's Platform team has a unique opportunity to build and continuously improve our microservices architecture.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
Our tech stack:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Redis, PostgreSQL, BigTable, Kafka
fuboTV Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean and efficient code while adhering to established engineering standards and best practices
- Possess good knowledge of web technologies and experience building REST API services
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Requires at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS) or related field or equivalent as determined by a professional credentials evaluation.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo.