Join a company that has tripled annual revenues each of the past three years and is acknowledged by industry analysts as the pioneer in the next generation of cloud contact center solutions! The Five9 platform is reliable, secure, compliant, and scalable; designed to create exceptional personalized customer experiences. For more information visit www.five9.com.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Platform with experience working on Google Cloud Platform, to join our team. Five9 delivers market-leading up-time for its Contact Center application while constantly delivering new features and capabilities to highly demanding enterprise customers. This requires that Five9 continually enhances, updates and modernizes the Platform Services that the Contact Center Application runs on. This position requires excellent understanding of cloud software: how it's built, deployed, tested and managed.
- Contribute to the next generation of Five9’s modern SaaS platform, providing businesses the ability to improve customer service through the power of AI in the Contact Center.
- You will play a critical role in developing a highly-available, highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure for microservices.
- You will apply your expertise of cloud computing stack, broad software technologies, and open source tools to resolve what are often considered seemingly unsolvable cloud technology platform challenges for our customers.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of existing systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot and provide production support as needed.
- Work with a team of peers, share a passion for what they’re creating and pull your own weight.
- 5+ years of software development experience as part of a Java microservices development team using Spring Boot & Spring Cloud.
- 3+ years with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with designing and building highly available and scalable applications in GCP.
- Experience and hands on skills with GCP Products such as Google Big Query, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, App Engine, Cloud SQL.
- Experience and hands on skills with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience working as part of a Continuous Delivery team who continuously develop, test, deploy and manage production applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, event processing, massive data storage and security.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field.
- An advanced degree in an engineering or a business discipline is highly desirable.