Senior Software Engineer - Platform development
8 - 10 years experience •
Here at HPE Nimble Storage we are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our Platform Software Development team to provide leadership and hands-on contributions to new features in our Storage Stack.
- Investigate, design, and develop enhancements for our Linux-based kernel, Nimble Operating System (NimbleOS).
- Design and development of software, typically as libraries, that interfaces the data path with the kernel and with hardware devices for reliable I/O of data to/from the network, NVRAM, and storage devices
- Design and develop thorough and effective unit and fault injection testing cases for Nimble OS.
- Work closely with our QA, Support, and additional Development teams to drive product and process improvements.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverage recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of SW Engineering experience and 3+ years Storage Industry experience.
The ideal candidate should have and possess the following skills:
- Experience with Operating System development and debugging, preferably with Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded and distributed software and with network protocols.
- Experience implementing PCIe, NTB, and NVMe interfaces for platform based products
- Familiarity with the Linux Storage Stack.
- Significant experience in C/C++.
- Experience with firmware (BIOS, BMC, Expander FW, NVRAM, HBA) is highly desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in an open & fast-pace environment and take on a variety of roles, as needed.
Job ID 1024506