PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Denver, Minneapolis, San Mateo, CA and Charleston, SC. We are hiring a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our rapid product development pace. Our Engineers work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
About the Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is primarily responsible for the ongoing design, development and operation of our Ruby on Rails based benefits administration platform.
- Drive new features through full the development cycle from requirements all the way through release
- Managing the development of a product and/or feature by collaborating with other team members
- Writing technical requirements from business requirements
- Writing new code and refactoring existing code
- Provide application support to our QA/Support staff
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
In addition, you should be passionate about:
- Customer satisfaction and collaboration
- Being a leader in your field and keeping your skills sharp
- Using technology to provide creative solutions that solve customer problems
- Making decisions and recommendations based on empirical data and facts
- Producing highest quality software
- Writing clean code
Hard Skill Requirements:
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience
- 4 year technical degreepreferred
- Demonstrated mastery of at least one technology stack
- Writing useful and effective unit and integration tests
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Good team interaction including collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical observation
- Motivated Self-Starter.