Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a $8 Billion company with 43,000 employees worldwide and approximately 3,500 athletic retail stores in 24 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under the brand names Eastbay, Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, SIX: 02, Runners Point and Sidestep. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless!
Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a talented, adaptable person who loves solving problems and can get things done quickly and efficiently. Do you like working on lots of interconnected systems instead of one big one? Do you like working across multiple teams, multiple divisions to get things done? Do you love finding solutions to interesting problems? Then this is the job for you. This position can be located in any of our following 4locations: Wausau, WI, Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL or Camp Hill, PA.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer – CDN Architect who will lead the design, implementation and utilization of technical solutions and services. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within smaller technical teams in delivering the appropriate solutions leveraging third party tools to our enterprise customers. You will partner withinternal QA teams to improve our solutions leveraging integrated unit testing, code review and code deployment. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations
- Work with the partners to ensure in-depth, mutual understanding of technologies.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to incorporate Akamai services and products into their architecture and operations to derive business value
- Determine and document parameters of each Proof of Concept including dimensioning, timelines, roles & responsibilities and success criteria, and validate with the partner and Akamai stakeholders.
- Analyze web site security, tune configurations when appropriate, and provide insight and recommendations to the Security team.
- Build and install configurations and associated services
- Implement new services in coordination with the customers’ and our project management team
- Certify customers to use services and solutions prior to production deployments
- Participate in training initiatives for the team, in order to help the team grow their technical skills and soft skills.
- Automating manual processes with workflow
- Reporting on process and quality metrics
- Continuous research of new technologies, products, tools and libraries that improve our efficiencies, support and customer satisfaction
- Writing and reviewing design documents
- Guiding the technical direction of the team
- Participating in vendor selection and ongoing management of vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience creating and delivering advanced, modern, high profile and high traffic websites.
- 3+ years of experience with Internet technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, and web servers.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Akamai technologies building, testing, and deploying advanced configurations, implementing advanced caching strategies, as well as finding additional ways to use existing and new Akamai services.
- Strong understanding of Front End Optimization (FEO) concepts and the ability to put these into action.
- Strong understanding of REST API concepts.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills using but not limited to the following tools: browser developer tools, JS console, network trace, header inspection, waterfall graphs, request timing measurements, etc.
- Experience with the principles of software development and design.
- Advanced knowledge of the internet and internet related technologies
- Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills