The primary role of Engineering function within Product Development team is to create specifications and designs for new products or improvements and enhancements to existing products. Works closely with customers, developers and other stakeholders to understand and define customer needs in these designs. Features are aligned to a timetable and areas of responsibility. Developers may solicit customers for feedback regarding product usability and desired future enhancements. Software Engineers who design, write and test code for the product should be matched in the either Software Engineering Applications or Systems. Product developers who specialize in hardware systems should be matched to Hardware Engineering.
- Design and implement strategies to effectively monitor for application health, stability and performance
- Pro-active monitoring to prevent major incidents
- Guide technical support staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical problems
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of performance problems. Work with application development, network, database, and infrastructure specialists to identify and implement performance improvements. Take the lead on assisting development teams in planning on-going performance support and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with developers to promote performance engineering best practices to catch performance earlier in the SDLC life cycle
- Lead technical design discussions that produces high-performance, highly scalable and resilient software components
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably for a software company using Microsoft technologies in a web-based application.
- 5+ years of experience addressing performance and scalability issues in high-volume transaction environments.
- Experience with MS SQL Server (TSQL/SQL) in a high-volume transaction environment
- OO knowledge and practical experience of design patterns
- Practical experience with source code configuration, versioning, and promotion
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, and technical documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using VS 2017/19, SQL Server 2014/2017, .net 4.7/Core & C# 6, 7 techniques
- Agile software methodology experience
- Experience working in a SaaS model
- Experience working in environments with a DevOps Culture and exposure to Continuous Delivery is a great plus