Here at Perceptyx, our mission is simple: We help employees and their organizations thrive. How do we do that? We facilitate the ongoing conversation between employees and their company to drive success. We are passionate about helping organizations listen to and act on what matters most to employees. When employees are happy, everyone is happy! We also employ an incredible, diverse staff of professionals with the knowledge, and drive to move every employee engagement survey project swiftly from vision to reality.
Who we are:
Engineering is a craft, and at Perceptyx we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end-user experiences we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work together to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
We improve the work lives of millions of people around the world. At Perceptyx, we believe everyone deserves to have their voice heard from a brand new hire to the CEO. This is key to our product and our culture. We check titles at the door.
Report to either Manager or Director, Software Engineering Sr. will work closely with business stakeholders and other engineering team member to lead the design and development of solutions that make him/her a true technology partner. They will also be actively participating in technical implementations of our systems and product.
This position will participate in developing overall technical solutions and design for our product. It will also include hands-on development of software. Areas impacted include overall technical solutions, system Analysis, software Architecture, development, reporting and implementation of large-scale solutions and/or applications spanning multiple product lines, Cloud and other related areas of the company. Additional areas include participating in technical discussions, code reviews, solution documentation, and defining overall best practice as related to software and data integration.
In addition, participates in the architectural design of business applications; Understands the business objectives, processes, and products and how best can be supported by technology; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: The duties described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Participate in developing complex technical solutions, including custom development working with Cross functional teams in delivering projects/products. In certain cases lead these efforts as a stretch role
- Participate in defining architecture components including key designs on integration standards
- Develop solutions based on specific project/product requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability
- Ability to manage and participate as a senior Analyst gathering and analysis of source systems, processing logic, content and operational system usage
- Responsible for the solution design, hands-on development, technical tasks oversight, release management and implementation of products and features
- Deep hands-on knowledge of integration methodologies, Messaging and API platforms
- While being hands-on, the candidate must be able to assist other development team members while working with other cross functional teams following agile methodologies.
- Analyze issues, reverse engineer where needed to come up with solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining commitment to excellence and high standards in a
- collaborative environment
- Work with leadership to align solutions and data integration with business strategy and objectives
- Work with leads and scrum masters to Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Help document development phases and monitor systems
- Help ensure software is up to date with latest technologies
- Help prepares ad hoc reports for management and company executives
- BSc/BA in Computer Science
- 6-9+ years of overall software development experience
- Minimum of six years’ experience in software design & development, scripting and unit testing; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog) and automated testing frameworks
- Backend: Go, Python, C++ and Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. Datadog) and automated testing frameworks
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
What We Offer:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your family.
- The ability to Disdain the Status Quo in a scaling, collaborative work environment.
- Flexible workday schedules (we trust you to get the job done wherever you're comfortable)
- An engaging work environment named one of the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the 5th year in a row!