Two powerhouse companies, Peak 10 and ViaWest, have combined to become one of the country’s largest Hybrid IT providers specializing in colocation, interconnection, cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Each company has built a reputation for delivering legendary service and support to our customers.
To fuel this growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer in our Denver, CO, Charlotte, NC, or Allentown, PA offices.
We work hard and know how to have fun! If you are ready to work in a cultivating environment where you can make a difference in the world of technology, then this is the place for you!
The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for leading development efforts to integrate systems used across the organization as well as expanding our client portal and infrastructure automation capabilities. The software that our team builds enables our clients and colleagues to spend less time doing routine work and more time accomplishing amazing feats!
- History of architecting and developing complex applications, preferably in a service provider setting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with git, Jira, and/or other similar tools
- Experienced working with relational databases
- Experience using Unit test tools
- Working knowledge of multiple languages (C#, Python, PHP, Java, etc.)
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field preferred
The ideal candidate will also have some combination of the following:
- Solid understanding of systems administration concepts and Cloud and network technologies (VMware, basic networking, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, AWS, Azure)
- Experience integrating with Salesforce
- Experience integrating with ServiceNow
- Experience working with Asynchronous Messaging such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
You are someone who:
- Will become an expert in things that don’t yet exist
- Takes smart risks and make difficult decisions in a professional manner
- Is passionate about building awesome automation and self-service platforms
- Thinks both creatively and pragmatically. You separate what must be done well now and what can be improved upon later
- Minimizes complexity and finds the time to simplify wherever possible
- Collaborates with business leaders and engineers across the organization to solve complex problems
- Speaks up and shares your opinion (even when it’s unpopular)
- Contributes effectively outside your areas of specialization