What You Will Accomplish:
We are growing the core team responsible for building the Policy Compute Engine, the central brain of the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform. We are a small, highly functioning team that works to empower engineers to innovate and help design a world class product. We believe in enabling ownership at all levels of the organization and empowering teams rather relying on a centralized management body. We are looking for your ideas and your ability to design critical features and subsystems, work out all of the details, and defend the design before her peers. You will be writing non-blocking concurrent code for a distributed system that is deployed in our SaaS, inside the datacenter, and across geographic boundaries.
Technologies we use include Ruby, Redis, Postgres, NGINX, Memcached, Kubernetes/Docker, and OpenShift but we welcome people with backgrounds in other technology stacks and a strong desire to learn.
- Contribute code for Illumio's Policy Compute Engine by creating high quality, scalable code in a distributed system.
- Own the design and implementation of critical features and subsystems within the Policy Compute Engine application running in the Illumio SaaS and customer data-centers.
- Provide ideas and leadership around building cloud ready robust applications inside Illumio.
- Work closely with a strong cross functional team with the goal of building a world class product.
What You Will Bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 6+ years of experience with building software in distributed systems.
- Large systems software design and development experience.
- Experience with cloud application design and development
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, networking, and debugging skills.
- Experience with higher level programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java) and demonstrated ability to learn new languages.
- Experience with container environments such as Kubernetes/Openshift is highly desirable.
- Experience building security policy management software is a plus.