If you don't look forward to going to work each day, then what's the point? Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a serious group of professionals who don’t take themselves too seriously. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross functional meeting or at one of our impromptu parties.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact. And a commitment to having fun. Join one of the Boston Globe’s 2016 Best Places to Work!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our PatientSecure Engineering team. This team is responsible for the development of Imprivata’s newest product, PatientSecure, which utilizes palm-vein biometric patient identification to link patients to their correct medical records at check-in. PatientSecure improves patient safety and satisfaction, eliminates duplicate medical records and overlays, and guards against identity theft and insurance fraud.
Imprivata’s engineers work in small teams and have great influence on the direction of our products. In the role of Software Engineer, you will focus on the design and development of new patient identity software. You will be challenged to work across the full software application stack, from the front-end presentation to the back-end biometric authentication services and database. You will be part of a Scrum team that opens PatientSecure to new customers and new markets by building, integrating, testing, and releasing new features and products.
- Design, code, and test new PatientSecure product features
- Work within a Scrum team to plan, scope, build, and deliver software
- Ensure that system scales to support the largest healthcare organizations
- Research, devise, and propose solutions to challenging problems in patient identity
- Train newer members of a growing team
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experiencedesigning and building enterprise applications
- Strong C# development and debugging skills, and an understanding of the overall .NET ecosystem
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including schema design, SQL, stored procedures, and working with object relational mappers
- Experience developing back-end services (service layer, business layer, data access)
- Experience with Microsoft’s ASP.NET MVC
- Proven design skills with the ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high expectations
- Solid experience with the full software development lifecycle and a proven track record of successfully bringing products to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners
- Experience with biometrics and authentication is a plus
- Experience with AMQP messaging and RabbitMQ is a plus
- Experience with Redis, WCF, or AngularJS is a plus
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major. Master’s degreepreferred.
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.