- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Work closely with customers
- Develop and execute project plans
- Produce clean, efficient code
- Communicate key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug other developers code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest or appropriate technologies
- Use business understanding to partner more effectively with Product, Support, and Service Delivery teams
- Provide mentoring to other engineers and share best practices across the team
You have a passion for finding and architecting scalable solutions - you love understanding how to make systems work, removing dependencies, and promoting strong data architecture to drive a business forward. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You thrive in a fast-paced and exciting environment where change is the norm instead of the exception.
You’re up to date on all of the latest technologies and blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to join and contribute to the overall software engineering team at Passport.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field.
- Five+ years of software engineering or software development experience.
- Experience using relevant tool suites.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Experience with software development lifecycles.
- Ability to prioritize activities and deliver tasks on time.
- Ability to work with other departments, clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding development concepts.
- Excellent design and programming skills.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Hands-on development experience using relevant languages.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- The ability to travel as necessary.