At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer working in Java at OnDeck, you will:
- Work on critical systems handling financial data and money movement.
- Automating the business flows with appropriate checks, audits and validations, which require manual interventions.
- Design and develop scalable REST APIs for loan servicing operations.
- Design and develop batch applications and reports for loan processing.
- Work with every domain within the business, understanding their needs and objectives and helping them optimize their approach to getting their job done
Qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technological focus
- Atleast 5 years of experience developing Java applications
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building software
- You enjoy building new functionality while transforming the code base with innovative techniques
- You have experience designing flexible & reusable software & APIs
- You have extensive experience testing frameworks (e.g. Mockito, EasyMock), RDBMS, SQL, Spring, ORM frameworks, scripting languages
- Familiarity with the following technologies/frameworks is a big plus: Guice, MyBatis, PostgresSQL, json/XML, gradle
- You are comfortable working in an agile development environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team-player