Job Description Details
As a software developer at Zulily, you will be implementing high-performance systems to support our fulfillment center (FC) operations. Zulily is part of the Qurate network, which means that you will be building fulfillment solutions for the third-largest e-commerce company in the world. CI/CD, microservices, minimum viable product, and DevOps are not just buzzwords for us; they've been part of our DNA from the beginning and we leverage these ideas at scale.
- Have at least 5 years of software development experience
- Have strong experience with highly scalable / available service-oriented architectures
- Have expertise in at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Be familiar with relational databases, such as MariaDB/MySQL or SqlServer
- Preferably have some knowledge of cloud computing. Experience with Docker or AWS related technologies is a plus
- Preferably be familiar or be interested in technologies like Redis, ActiveMQ and Elastic Search
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered
At Zulily, Supply Chain Systems pride ourselves on customer focus, agility and speed of delivery. We take the Zulily values to heart: We Work for Mom, Make the Impossible Happen, Embrace Change, Color Outside the Lines, Take Ownership, and Win as a Team. We are looking for these important things in our software developers:
- Team-oriented and Strong Communication - You will be working side-by-side with other developers, discussing designs and approach. You will be mentoring and influencing other developers within the team.
- Self-Managing – Zulily trusts its engineers to do the right thing without burdensome process overhead, so we expect you to care about the work you're doing, own both successes and failures, and drive solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion about Development and Operations - We're passionate about doing really good work, and we constantly work to improve and refine our practices. We have a tight relationship with our internal customers; we know their pain points intimately and develop solutions to improve the operation. We do not use the term "the business" to describe our internal customers; we are all the business.
- Agility - Be able to adapt to change and moving priorities.
- Curiosity - Be able to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen.