We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team! This group shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continued deployment. You will build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of largest brands in the world.
You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Check out our current tech stack here. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Python services that serve millions of users.
- Scale our platform to support continued exponential user growth.
- Build platform features that make the life easier for engineers working in other teams at Ordergroove and those working for our biggest clients.
- Develop and maintain our external APIs which are flexible, extremely responsive, and highly available.
- Help us materialize our long term SaaS platform vision by turning it into tactical goals and requirements.
- Support the transition of our platform from monolith to microservices.
- Work on the cutting edge technology to solve interesting and challenging problems. Your contribution will earn you bragging rights on our engineering blog.
- You have experience in designing and building distributed, high volume services preferably written in Python.
- You are a skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structure, algorithms and are comfortable working with larger data sets.
- You care about code quality and you thrive in a test driven environment; know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform you get to work on.
- You are a passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people's view points.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with Django Celery or another asynchronous task management system.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Supported external APIs and/or developer communities.
- Experience with one or more of e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems.