Summary / Primary Role:
Want to join a rapidly growing start-up with the security of being backed by a 17-year-old
organization with over $1B in annual revenue?
Odyssey Logistics & Technology, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US, is transforming the logistics market and is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer who will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of an exciting new digital platform. This engineer will join a small but rapidly growing team and be directly responsible for development and maintenance of this new platform.
This experienced Java engineer will possess recent experience in building Java microservices using
NoSQL data sources in a Kubernetes pipeline using CI/CD, but also possess traditional knowledge of web servers, relational/SQL databases, and HTML. Applicants should be versed in a variety of
software languages and platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of new digital platform
- Responsible for development and maintenance of new platform
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget delivery of software
- Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or
ability required for this position)
- 7+ years of hands on Java/J2EE professional software development
- 7+ years of experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora, etc)
- Able to write PL/SQL queries/joins as needed
- 5+ years of experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Couchbase, etc)
- Strong understanding of data structures, indexing, and searching required
- Ability to integrate with Elasticsearch and run queries/reports
- 3+ years of experience building microservices, preferably with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience working with AWS-based services including S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Redshift
- Must be able to create Docker images and write Kubernetes deployment scripts
- Can apply principles of Test Driven Development
- Experience with writing test cases (JUnit)
- Able to write build scripts (Gradle/Maven)
- Experience with version control system, CI/CD pipeline tools, workflow tools, Jenkins, etc
- Experience integrating applications with Redis/Memcached
- AI/Machine Learning experience a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Sprint Methodologies
- A passion for building software and streamlining process issues
- Experience integrating software as service applications with a team of developers
- Proven experience demonstrating leadership and working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well as part of a team and willingly provide back-up support for co-workers when appropriate.
- Self-starter, motivated to work independently as needed to solve difficult problems
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and vendors through strong oral and written communication skills.
- Taking pride in work and desire to make projects succeed