Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior Machine Vision Engineer will develop integrated solutions that address customer needs such as inspection topside and subsea. They will also be responsible for development of machine vision algorithms for automation and development of data analytics programs for Oceaneering’s next generation systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect vision based solutions by selection of appropriate technology and components
- Lead and conduct advanced research for Computer Vision
- Work with third parties to utilize off the shelf industrial solutions
- Iteratively develop proof-of-concept implementations, prototypes and demos to fine-tune technologies to practical, state of the art systems
- Innovate and develop algorithms and solutions to advance Object tracking and classification
- Algorithm development on key research areas based on client’s technical problem. This requires constant paper reading, and staying ahead of the game by knowing what is and will be state of the art in this field.
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction
- Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Train, manage and provide guidance to junior staff
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This person will be reporting to a Product Development Manager in the Technology group
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer (or related field)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related field)
- Five or more years of past experience working on Computer Vision based projects
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including C, C++, Java, C# and other object oriented paradigms
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as UNIX (Solaris and Linux) and Windows
- Hands-on software troubleshootingexperience
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Strong coding skills.
- Experience in computer vision, image processing and other related applied engineering fields.
- Knowledge of inner working of any vision software (such as OpenCV, PCL, CNN)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Large Scale Data Mining or Artifical Intelligence
- Passion to develop novel robotics solutions applying the skills in computer vision, AI and Deep Learning
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Knowledge of communication styles and techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.