Senior Software Engineer – ASP.NET/MVC/C#
Oakwood is assembling a truly unique and top-notch spectrum of talent to join our existing award-winning problem solvers as we lead our customer's through their own digital transformation. Oakwood's 39 years of experience assists companies undergoing change and transformation across many industries.
As a Top 50 National Microsoft Gold partner, we are fully versed across all the Microsoft platforms.
A Snapshot of an Oakwood Leader in Action:
- Leadership – by example; consistently; for both team members and clients; this includes education and mentorship
- Don't just set the bar – Raise It
- The Principals set the mood, the intensity, the work ethic, the expectations
- Solution Crafter – this needs to drive you; this is the big picture perspective
- Confident Problem Solver – Jump up out of your seat, put the marker to the white board and attack the challenge at hand with the client; BE the trusted adviser
- Don't just Evangelize but APPLY – the proof is in the pudding
- Head on a swivel – constantly aware of client needs and how Oakwood may best serve them
- Constantly in the pursuit of knowledge and leading-edge technology skills with the understanding that becoming more business critical every day is a non-negotiable
- Determines system requirements through discussions with subject matter experts
- Designs architectures of interacting systems which enable and empower development of solutions tailored to the business need and required capabilities
- Creates current and future state system design diagrams
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Designs and writes programs according to functional and non-functional requirements
- Tests and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
- Reviews and provides input into development standards
- Develops and maintains technical documentation
- Collaborates with customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to a team to include introductory training of new technologies, technical guidance and code reviews
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of solid experience with the C# .NET platform. Azure experience is a plus.
- Experience in systems design, system architecture and algorithm development
- Programming experience with MVC, WebAPI, .Net Core and Angular. React experience is a plus.
- Experience in MS SQL and good knowledge in query optimization and data analysis is desired
- Working knowledge of Web Services, REST, JQuery, SOAP and JSON is required
- Good unit testing and integration testing practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 6+ years of progressive experience in web/application development and/or evidence of exceptional ability
Show & Tell – actually, during the interview process you will tell us then show us how you exemplify these traits. However, we will go first…
- Integrity – You don't make it over 39 years in business by not doing the right thing.
- Excellence – We only hire the best, so you get to work with really smart people every day – Iron sharpens Iron.
- Knowledge – Oakwood wants lifelong learners and to show our commitment not only will we help you learn new things, prepare for certifications and pay for the tests – we even offer bonuses when you pass the tests!
- Fun – We laugh. A lot.
- Community – There is the community within our offices where we have built teams that care about each other as humans. And there is the community outside the office where we expect our people to be involved and we support each other in that – it may be charitable, it may be technological, it may be recreational – bottom line is that we show up.
Important Things to Know:
- You move ahead at your speed in your chosen direction.
- Your work matters.
- Personal Growth is an expectation not an afterthought.
- We have competitive salaries and full benefits package.
- We reward hard work.
- We favor autonomy over micro managers.