Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Sr. Software Engineer
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, technology products we are known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you! The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for expert Software Engineers to join us in either Seattle, WA or Louisville, CO. On our team, you will play a major role in the design, development, modification, and execution of software development and deployment of our NGINX's control plane applications. These products make it easy for customers to improve consistent delivery of superlative solutions.
Software Engineers aid in delivery of loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in both public & private cloud architectures. This role is focused on creating solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges, while independently designing, implementing, and testing new functionality, and collaborating with peers and technical leads.
- Work closely with your team to design, code, and test robust, scalable, loosely coupled components which integrate into public & private cloud infrastructures.
- Consistently apply forward-thinking software design, implementation, and test principles.
- Mentor junior developers while demonstrating leadership.
- Focus efforts to optimize on-time delivery of features and bug fixes with high quality.
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing in cloud environments (both public and private, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or VMware vSphere).
- Strong knowledge and experience with container and orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with web technologies (e.g., HTTP, REST APIs and JSON) and source code version control tool such as Git.
- Experience with DBMS technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Detailed understanding of computer networking.
- Superlative analytical as well as trouble-shooting skills.
- Dynamic collaborators who thrive in diverse, geographically distributed teams.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork abilities which include diplomacy, promotion of sound ideas & concepts, paired with the desire to help others grow their skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in relevant roles.
- Outstanding coding abilities with languages such as Go, Python, C++.