BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple and integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website and digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose's Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to help build the world's best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high quality production code
- Help the product and design team work through the product specification, design and feasibility process
- Contribute unit and integration tests for new and existing features
- Provide effective and constructive feedback on other engineer's contributions
- Research and recommend new technologies, help set best practices and coding standards
- Uphold BentoBox's core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 4+ years of experience writing production code
- Some experience with writing code within the context of a web based framework such as Django or Rails
- Some level of experience with React (with or without Redux)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.