Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)
We are seeking a Software Engineer to work in our Core TechnologyEngineering team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining the software infrastructure that forms the very heart of our alpha factory. The successful candidate will be working on current and next-generation distributed systems that operate upon the production quantitative models that constitute the building blocks of our trading strategies.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Requirements-gathering, architecting, and designing extremely large-scale distributed systems
· Developing software systems and (micro-)services in C++ and Python
· Integrating best-of-breed open source tools and technologies
· Assembling platforms and frameworks to automate business processes
· Collaborating withinternal technology, research and portfolio management teams
Our ideal candidate will possess hands-on experience developing (micro-)services and large- scale distributed systems. In addition, the candidate will have:
· At least 5years of experience in software development
· Expert programming skills in C++ and Python
· Familiarity with open-source technologies such as orchestration frameworks, distributed lock managers, messaging systems, Linux containers etc.
· Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Be an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills
· Able to work independently with minimal direction Candidates need not have prior experience in financial services.